IntertradeIreland Elevate Programme
About the Programme
If you are a small business looking to identify cross-border markets and customers to win new business, funding for specialist consultancy support is available through our Elevate Programme.
Our Elevate Programme continues to be relevant post the BREXIT referendum and can help local businesses in both jurisdictions. InterTradeIreland is funded completely from (DfE) Department for the Economy in NI and from (DJEI) Department of Jobs, Enterprise & Innovation in Ireland, not from European funding.
Now is the time to get a foothold in the cross-border market. New trade agreements as a result of Brexit won’t take effect for some time. It will be more advantageous to evolve your business model in a newly secured market as regulations change than to attempt that foothold in a newly changed market place.
Assisting micro-businesses in particular, Elevate has an expert panel of consultants offering specific expertise to help you to identify and capitalise on the significant cross-border sales opportunities that exist on your doorstep.
£5,000 (€6,000) worth of consultancy time is available to you. You choose the expert that suits your company and they will work with you to develop a winning sales plan and fast track your cross-border exporting and success. It is 100% funded by InterTradeIreland and the application process is very simple.
Support is available for:
- Sales Leads
- Sales Negotiations
- Market Research
- Developing of Marketing Materials
Am I eligible?
To take part in the Elevate programme – companies must:
- Be a small company with less than 10 employees;
- Be a manufacturing or tradeable service company with an annual turnover below €1.2m/£1m;
- Have a satisfactory track record and a trading history in their home market (minimum of 18 mths);
- Be focused on winning new cross-border sales;
- Have not generated more than 30% of their total turnover in the target cross-border market;
- Have the capacity (human, financial and production) to deliver the project;
- Have a sufficiently unique product that does not displace existing products in the market place.
- Have not previously participated on InterTradeIreland ‘Acumen’ programme
NOTE: Sole Traders and partnerships that satisfy the eligibility criteria are welcome to apply. Please note that small businesses involved in retail, distribution and agriculture are not eligible for assistance under this scheme.
- £5k in support (or euro equivalent)
- 100% funded
- Simple application process
- One to One advice
For more information on the Elevate programme visit www.intertradeireland.com/elevate
Page last checked: September 2017