The rights of consumers are protected by EU and UK regulation. There are a number of expert, independent organisations that can guide you.
- Consumer Council for Northern Ireland is an independent consumer organisation, working to bring about change to benefit Northern Ireland’s consumers. For further information please visit the Consumer Council for Northern Ireland
- The Consumer Council website – Consumerline – is a one stop shop offering free help and advice to Northern Ireland consumers on a range of subjects. For further information please visit the Consumerline search page Consumer issues A-Z
- NI Direct is a free and impartial advice is available to consumers on the NI Direct website. For further information please visit NI Direct – Consumer issues and advice
The rights of consumers are protected by EU and Irish regulation. There are a number of expert, independent organisations that can guide you.
- Citizens Information – Consumer Affairs the Citizens Information website is an excellent source of information on a wide range of consumer issues. For further information please visit Citizens Information – Consumer Affairs
- National Consumer Agency offers free and impartial advice is available to consumers It includes information on how to make a complaint and how to protect you rights. For further information please visit – the National Consumer Agency website
The UK European Consumer Centre and the European Consumer Centre offers advice on consumer rights when buying goods and services from another European country. The ECC can also liaise directly with a trader in another European country on your behalf if necessary. The service is free and confidential. They publish a quarterly newsletter ‘Your Update’ – past and current editions are available to download in PDF format.
Page last checked: January 2016
This webpage is for general information purposes only and while we endeavour to keep it up-to-date, errors may occur. It is very important that you check with the relevant body to ensure the information is current and is applicable to your situation.
If you would like to suggest amendments or highlight new information that could be useful to others please don’t hesitate to get in touch.