Expert support is a key requirement when starting up a new business and there are a wide range of schemes available to assist new and developing enterprises. The following list gives details of some bodies that may provide support, advice or financial assistance although it is not exhaustive.
- Enterprise Northern Ireland Loan Fund – This is a network of 32 local enterprise agencies which support businesses by offering business advice, information and financial support. For further information please contact Enterprise Northern Ireland – email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website.
- Local Enterprise Agencies – LEAs are usually the first port of call for new business start-ups. They offer advice, support and low cost business premises across Northern Ireland. For further information please visit the contact section of the Enterprise Northern Ireland website and complete the enquiry form.
- Invest Northern Ireland is targeted towards helping existing businesses that can grow and compete in international markets. – NI Business Info website.
- The Prince’s Trust Northern Ireland – This is a charity which provides training, mentoring and financial assistance to help young people gain employment or to start up a business. For further information please click visit the Prince’s Trust website
- Enterprise Finance Guarantee – If you need funding for your business, but cannot secure a loan, you may be eligible for the Enterprise Finance Guarantee (EFG). For further information please visit the www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk
- Rural Business Support – 2014-2020 Rural Development Programme – The size and shape of the programme is not yet known and will depend on the outcome of discussion on the EU Budget for 2014 – 2020 and the final European Union regulations. The Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (DARD) has responsibility for preparing the new RDP, and will work with key stakeholders to create a programme that meets the needs of people who live and work in rural areas of Northern Ireland. For further information please visit the DARD website.
- Local Enterprise Offices – this is the First Stop Shop for anyone seeking information and support on starting or growing a business in Ireland. With 31 dedicated teams across the Local Authority network in Ireland, Local Enterprise Offices offer a wide range of experience, skills and services. For further information visit – www.localenterprise.ie
- Enterprise Ireland – Enterprise Ireland is the Government agency in Ireland responsible for supporting Irish businesses in the manufacturing and internationally traded service sectors. For further information please click here or email Client.Service@enterprise-ireland.com or telephone +353 (0)1 727 2000
- Irish Business and Employers Confederation
- Chambers Ireland
- Small Firms Association
- Border People – Business start up support in Northern Ireland
- Border People – Cross Border Business
- Border People – Cross Border Business Guide for Companies
- Border People – Business start up support in Ireland
Page last checked: January 2016
This webpage is for general information purposes only and while we endeavour to keep it up-to-date, errors may occur. It is very important that you check with the relevant body to ensure the information is current and is applicable to your situation.
If you would like to suggest amendments or highlight new information that could be useful to others please don’t hesitate to get in touch.