The services offered by banks in Ireland differ greatly and so do the fees they charge. Some banks have special teams who deal with business accounts. They also have very useful information for start-up businesses in Ireland.
Many people decide to open their business account with the same bank that holds their personal bank accounts. Your own bank may be more supportive if you have a good financial track record and have built up a relationship with them.
- Moneyfacts – This website was launched in 2000 and is an independent financial comparison website. It compares a range of difference types of bank accounts available to all types of customers.
- NI Business Info website is a dedicated online resource providing practical advice for business throughout Northern Ireland.
- FINFACTS – the Business and Finance Portal has an online directory of Irish Financial institutions and links to their websites.
- National Consumer Agency – For independent information on financial products visit the National Consumer Agency website Your money.
- Border People – Cross border business guide for companies
- Border People – Cross border business
- Border People – Business Banking in Northern Ireland
- Irish Banking Federation
- Border People / Business banking in Ireland
Page last checked: January 2016
This webpage is for general information purposes only and while we endeavour to keep it up-to-date, errors may occur. It is very important that you check with the relevant body to ensure the information is current and is applicable to your situation.
If you would like to suggest amendments or highlight new information that could be useful to others please don’t hesitate to get in touch.